Tuesday, September 28, 2010

In-class Blog: Where I'm at.

So, we've been asked to blog about where we think we're at. To be honest, I'm not sure if this means where we're at in this class or for the semester in general. I've been very negligent in my blog posts, simply because during the past few weeks I spent all my time studying very rigid subjects--Calculus, Organic Chemistry, and Genetics--that all required right or wrong answers. Thus, I lacked inspiration.


However, in between study sessions and problem sets, I somehow found time to interview my choice professor for my digital story (who will, for now, remain nameless). I came into the interview with a page of questions that I intended to ask, all in perfect order, but I found that the interview carried itself. Hearing what it means to write from a professor, author and a former college student was fascinating to me. He humorously suffered from many of my freshman year writing "diseases" (such as procrastination) and his description of his writing style and process throughout the years was definitely rewarding. I left his office with a new energy and excitement for the development of my digital story.


Now the real question is, how do I approach this digital story? How does one compress 20 minutes of recorded dialogue into 3 minutes of meaningful, spoken information? 


This is where I'm at.









No comments:

Post a Comment