Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How would I like to be treated?

At the moment, as I formulate my plan for my consultation with my fellow student on her work, I've asked myself, "How would I like to be treated?" Well, that's pretty easy.

1. I'd want my work and creative expression to be respected, regardless of its quality.

2. I would appreciate positive comments, but I would value constructive criticism even more as it would directly benefit my paper and my future written works.

3. I would want to feel like I have a good portion (if not the majority) of control over the session.

4. At the same time, I would want to feel guided by my consultant as to which direction the consultation should take.

What do you think? What would be your idea of the "perfect consultation?"

2 comments:

  1. Sherzel-

    I definitely kept in mind the question of "how would I want to be treated?" too while planning for my consultation. It is this question that really helped me to remember how important it is that I use a facilitative style of commentary when approaching my consultation strategies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherzel-
    This is such a good point! I think it is really important to treat our clients the way that we would like to be treated. It is certainly something really helpful to keep in mind as we start going into our consultation projects!! Thank you for some really helpful guidelines!

    ReplyDelete